Monday, 4 June 2012

Choices

So today I'm of to my cousins 18th birthday :)
I'm excited it should be fun but I'm also kinda sad too.
My cousin has severe autism so today he won't really have any friends there.
I guess sometimes I'm feeling bad for myself but I forget how hard other people have it.
I mean I can choose to get better. I can have a life, but Jake can't.
Why would I choose not to get better when some people don't even get a choice at all?
I guess this just makes me realise how stupid it would be not to fight.


my poor baby :( 
We can keep going!
Love ali Ox

4 comments:

  1. hello! i hope you have a good time today anyway! But i know what you mean when you think about others who have like cancer or are paralyzed then you realise how stupid you are when you choose not to recover... when you. don't want a life and that's something that others do want and are fighting for! :/ but your doing so well have you talked anything about getting declared healthy or is there still a bit left?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so true! I guess I just feel so guilty about all the times when I want to give up. Aw thank you :) same with you!! Um I think to be "healthy" I need to gain 3kg more :/ but I'm going to talk about that. Like keep to my meal plan for the next month or so, try gain some muscle & just see what happens :). Are you almost declared healthy? Ox

      Delete
  2. Ali, what a great way to look at recovery! Although, I do think you should also look at recovery for YOU and what you wish to accomplish and how a life with your ED will be a huge obstacle. I've been told in the past, "How can you do this when there are starving kids in Africa?". I felt obliterated. My eating disorder, as do many, have nothing to do with the shallowness of changing appearance or not eating. It has to do with a dire for control. Stay strong girly! I believe you can fight! If you ever need support or a friend to talk to, I'm just an email away :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you cara! You're so sweet! Same goes for you, just drop me an email anytime :)
      I can't believe people said that to you! Its kinda annoying how everyone thinks its to do with looking good, when its nothing to do with that at all!
      Love ali Ox

      Delete