Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Updates!

So after my month away thought I'd tell you a little bit about what I've been up to :)

This month has been good. It's been up and down but overall I've enjoyed so many moments. There's been so many challenges but I've kept fighting and it's definitely been worth it.

I guess this month I've focused on my friends. I've stressed less about school and just kind of relaxed. Probably not the best idea as I really need to start studying, but its been so fun :) haha.

I've been out for meals, been clothes shopping, been with my friends. All the things which I stopped myself from doing I started to do again. I finally have control over my life, and it feels amazing!

Yes I do have bad ed days, worrying thoughts and sometimes they do get the better of me. I've still got a long way to go but I feel more steady on my road to recovery.

I guess I wanted to start blogging again because I feel I can handle it now. I feel more normal again, more myself :). I was worried before that I was giving bad advice, encouraging your eds, but now I feel in a much better place, like the best I've felt ever.

I have to be honest with you guys and say another reason why I've started is I feel like I'm slipping up alot recently. I'm eating like a normal person, but I'm not fully trying to gain weight. I guess it annoys me I'm so much more comfortable with how I look now, even before I had an ed. So why do I need to gain weight and change that? I know this is probably my ed talking so I thought I'd call out to you girlies for some advice :).

So, I just wanted to say my love goes out to all of you! And I really want to know how you're getting along?

So proud of you all, Ali Ox

2 comments:

  1. hello!! Nice that your back to blogging and that things have gone well for you! Thats what you need to realise that there is so much more to life then anorexias four walls..
    but i know what you mean about the weight gain. When your finally living your life and feeling happy again.. then you don't see the point of gaining weight. But it does help.
    gaining weight isn't as bad as you think. its not good to be underwieght it has bad affects on your organs and body and if your underwieght it can be hard to think straight and makes to easier to fall back in to anorexia.
    just think.... gaining weight will give you the freedom you want. the complete freedom.. :)
    good luck. hope things continue well!!

    *just wondering how much do you weigh/BMI? don't have to answer if you dont want to.
    and do you go any treatment centre? or get any help?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 you're blog really kept me going your doing so so well! I know you're right I really need to keep reminding myself of that. I would like to weight like like 49/50kg (I'm only 164/165cm) so a bmi of like 18.5/19. I think I just compare myself to my healthy friends and I get annoyed that I can't weigh the same of them because I have an eating disorder. I go to a clinic like twice a week but I think it's a little different to yours. We do all the eating stuff but we also have therapy and family therapy. I was wondering if you had anything like that? Great to speak to you again and see how well your doing, love Ali Ox

      Delete