Thursday, 8 March 2012

VS.

I was reading a magazine the other day and came across this picture.
At first I got upset.
I thought they're so much skinnier than me, why do I have to gain weight?
This is what society views as attractive, so by gaining weight aren't I becoming further and further away from being attractive?
The picture was starting to become seriously triggering...

But then just as I was about to stop looking I noticed that the picture had been photoshopped.
Okay I new magazines used photoshop but I didn't think they would so obviously or dramatically.
Seeing how much they had altered the models bodies made me realise no-one's perfect, not even a victoria secret model, but that's okay.
It's okay not to be perfect.
It's okay not to have a perfectly flat stomach.
It's okay not to have perfectly toned legs.
It's okay to be a normal weight.

So what if I have a chubby tummy or big thighs? That doesn't make me instantly unattractive.
Someone will still love me, and find me beautiful, even with all my imperfections.

I've always felt like I had to be perfect but the truth is no-one is or will ever be.
The only way to survive is to accept our imperfections.
It's going to take some time, but it's the only way to move on from this.


#nolongerstrivingforperfection Ox

No comments:

Post a Comment